3 Apr 2025
Monday 10 August 2020 - 16:25
Story Code : 381413

Iran dismisses 'Ridiculous' claims of interference in US Election

Iran dismisses
Tasnim � Iran�s Foreign Ministry spokesman rejected as �ridiculous� reports that Iran is interfering in the upcoming US election.

�This is one of the ridiculous claims that the Americans have been raising recently with respect to the blurry prospect of elections in their country,� Mousavi told reporters on Monday.

Iran does not care much about parties and factions in the US, he said, adding, �What we care about is their behavior and the way they interact with us.�

The comments came after Reuters claimed in a recent report that Iranian citizens had been receiving text messages in Farsi offering them up to $10 million for information about attempts to interfere with the US election.

On Wednesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told reporters the US was now offering up to $10 million �for information leading to the identification or location of any person who, acting at the direction or under the control of a foreign government, interferes with US elections by engaging in certain criminal cyber activities.�

Russian media reported that citizens there also received similar messages on Thursday. Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova joked on Facebook that the US State Department�s website would be overwhelmed by denunciations.

The Iranian spokesperson categorically rejected the claims and said, �The text messages constitute a violation of people's privacy rights�.

US President Donald Trump has suggested delaying November's �fraudulent� presidential election, saying increased postal voting could lead to fraud and inaccurate results.
https://theiranproject.com/vdcjvvettuqeoxz.92fu.html
Your Name
Your Email Address